PRACTICAL CRAFT SKILLS
The course is of a practical nature, is workshop-based and provides many skills which are appropriate to a wide range of applications. The course will develop skills in marking-out, cutting, shaping, machining and materials. Apart from giving an insight into industrial practice, such studies help with the development of self-confidence, manual dexterity and control, perseverance, maturity and spatial awareness. The Practical Electronics option also extends the scope of the course to include craft skills which interface with electronics in producing working systems.
- fosters practical skills in the creation of artefacts
- develops knowledge, understanding and skills of general aspects of practical engineering activity
- encourages independence and the ability to make choices
- highlights the importance of safety and encourages responsible attitudes in the workshop environment
- contributes to personal development, in particular to practical capability