Physical Education at Millburn Academy is taught by five full time members of staff, Mrs K Russell (PT), Mrs S Patience, Mrs C Cumming,Mr G High and Mr D Jarvie.
It is the intention of the PE department to transform any sport or activity into an educational experience, providing a safe and supportive environment that caters for each pupils needs whilst encouraging them to develop to their full potential.
Aims of the Department
- To provide the pupils with the skills and knowledge, to understand and provide all the activities undertaken in the department to the best of their abilities
- To help pupils appreciate the benefits of regular, enjoyable exercise for personal well being
- To provide the pupils with the basic movement patterns that will equip them for lifelong participation
- To develop understanding, co-operation, tolerance and an ability to work with others through participation in activities
- To expose the pupils to a wide variety of individual and team activities
- To offer pupils the opportunity to undertake the study of physical education as an examinable subject