click on link below to view Parents Evening letter
With the school canteen being particularly busy in Millburn Academy, we are keen to support Highland Catering Services find ways to improve/reduce queuing and ordering systems.
We will shortly have an additional serving station in the school at lunchtimes which will help, but we are keen to improve uptake and use of the iKiosk stations. S1 and S2 will complete in Business Ed classes. It would be helpful if as many S3-S6 pupils please complete this survey online to support this process.
Please see newsletter attached from Andy McMahon. Thanks
The master timetable for S4-6 prelims is available here. Personal copies will be issued straight after the Christmas break.
Mr van Loon.
s4-parents-evening-letter click on link to view Parents’ Evening letter
An information evening for Tanzania 2018 is being tomorrow night in the Assembly hall at 7pm? Pupils who have returned a note of interest are expected to attend with their parents/carers.
click on link below to view letter issued to pupils
click on link below to view Mafia Fundraiser Events
click on link below for copy of S1 Parents Evening letter/appointment sheet
The next meeting of the Millburn Academy Parent Council will be held on Wednesda 23rd November 2016 – 7pm in the staff room. All welcome.
This years S1 Parents Evening will be held on Monday 3rd October 2016 from 5:15-7:15pm. Letters were distributed to pupils today, 7th September 2016.
All pupil data forms were distributed via school bag mail. Please ensure you return these, only if there are changes. It is very important that we have up to date contact details in case of an emergency.
Please see attachment from Highland Council. DRAFT – NEC Letter to Parents – Aug 2016
This free card offers young people many benefits, including:
- The convenience and value of one card offering High Life services; libraries; school meals; transport; rewards and other functions as the technology develops.
- Access to youth information online; offline and by phone, including access to local and National websites and advice lines.
- Inclusion in e-voting; discussion forums on youth issues.
- Young Scot discounts and special offers at over 1,800 places in Scotland and 200,000 places in 42 European countries.
- The chance to feed back on views, local news and events via the Highland Youth Parliament.
- Nationally recognised age verification for age specified services and products.
- A national transport concession which they automatically receive between the ages of 16 and 18.
Application forms will be available once received from the council.
G MacLean, Rector
Highland Council have gone live with online forms for Free School Meals and Clothing Grants. This new online form will give parents a choice to apply online rather than in paper format.
- We are removing the need for parents to need to reapply each year for free school meals and clothing grants. If families are on other income assessed benefits and housing benefit or council tax reduction, we are notified of any changes to these benefits and will reassess their entitlement to free school meals and clothing grants automatically. Only parents who only receive free school meals and clothing grants, or those on only income assessed benefits will need to reapply. For schools, this will reduce the level of communication required around this.
The letter above outlines the procedures for parents.