Click on the following link to access the Adverse Weather Guidelines
Dates for parents evenings and school reports – Calendar
S1 Parents’ Evening will be held on Monday 28th October 5.15pm-7.15pm, appointment sheets have already been issued to pupils.
S4 reports will be issued to pupils on Wednesday 10th October at registration.
School term dates – School Term Dates 2018/19
S1 OLE information booklet for parents/carers and pupils
Useful information for parents/carers on how to set up parental internet controls at home.
Millburn Academy Transition Timeline 2017/18
Click on link Transition Timeline 2017-18 to find details of our Transition Timeline for pupils starting S1 at Millburn Academy in August 2018. These dates have also been shared with our associated primary schools.
The first event involving all pupils moving to S1 will be the Christmas Ceilidh and Languages Awareness session being held on the morning of Wednesday 13 December 2017. We look forward to meeting P7 pupils on this date.
Thanks to all parents and carers supporting us in our drive to improve attendance, punctuality and the wearing of school uniform. Already we have seen a significant decline in the number of pupils arriving late and uniform standards remain high with pupils looking very smart and business like.
Our focus remains continued improvement in these areas with the ongoing support of families being greatly appreciated.
Week 3 and we continue to pursue improvements in attendance and punctuality. Pupils who are late for the start of the day sign in with members of SLT at the front door.Two lates become a detention.
Introducing our prefect team for 2017/18…
Prefects have the capacity to contribute significantly to the hardworking ethos of the school and we look forward to seeing the impact of the 2017/18 team as they involve themselves in wide ranging roles and responsibilities across the school.
Appointed for the start of the new academic year in June these prefects have already shown themselves to be willing and enthusiastic in the duties they have carried out to date.
(Missing from pic: Duncan Rudd)
S3 boys John MacKenzie and Calum Sampson worked hard over a period of weeks to script and film this video in conjunction with Mike Webster of Eden Court Creative. Their aim was to create a short film which would be useful to P7 pupils and their families as they prepare to move to S1 at Millburn.
We hope it gives you a feel for some of what lies ahead.
The password is: millburn
See letter below issued April 2017 regarding the new day structure/uniform, late-coming and absence from school.
P7 Transition Days – Wednesday 21st June – Thursday 22nd June (both dates inclusive).
National Entitlement Card (NEC Card)
This free card offers young people many benefits, including:
- The convenience and value of one card offering High Life services; libraries; school meals; transport; rewards and other functions as the technology develops.
- Access to youth information online; offline and by phone, including access to local and National websites and advice lines.
- Inclusion in e-voting; discussion forums on youth issues.
- Young Scot discounts and special offers at over 1,800 places in Scotland and 200,000 places in 42 European countries.
- The chance to feed back on views, local news and events via the Highland Youth Parliament.
- Nationally recognised age verification for age specified services and products.
- A national transport concession which they automatically receive between the ages of 16 and 18.
- Application forms can be requested at the school office.
Free School Meals & Clothing Grants
Highland Council have gone live with online forms for Free School Meals and Clothing Grants. This new online form will give parents a choice to apply online rather than in paper format.
- We are removing the need for parents to need to reapply each year for free school meals and clothing grants. If families are on other income assessed benefits and housing benefit or council tax reduction, we are notified of any changes to these benefits and will reassess their entitlement to free school meals and clothing grants automatically. Only parents who only receive free school meals and clothing grants, or those on only income assessed benefits will need to reapply. For schools, this will reduce the level of communication required around this. The letter below outlines the procedures for parents.