Physical Education at Millburn Academy is taught by eight members of staff- Mr Jarvie (Acting PT), Mrs Brown, Mr Durkin, Ms MacKenzie (Probationer), Ms MacLeod, Mr Scott-Woodhouse, Mr Slavin (Probationer) & Mr Wilson.
It is the intention of the PE department to transform any sport or activity into an educational experience, providing a safe and supportive environment that caters for each pupils needs whilst encouraging them to develop to their full potential.
Aims of the Department
- Develop Practical Performance
- Develop knowledge and understanding of how to improve performance levels
- Increase awareness of social, emotional and mental factors and how they contribute towards successful development
- Provide pathways for sport outside school and lifelong physical activity
- Ensure a fun and motivating environment for all
- Celebrate and recognise achievement
Please follow the department on @MillburnPE for regular updates about curricular initiatives, sharing positive practice, extra-curricular clubs and pupil achievements.