S1/2 Common Course
- Practical Skills
- Health and Safety in the workshops
- Develop safe and competent use of hand tools
- Develop safe and competent use of various pieces of machinery
- Manufacture Artefacts to given and pupil led briefs
- Manufacture Artefacts in Wood/Metal and Plastic
- Produce well finished models
- Graphic Skills
- Introduce drawing board skills in 2D and 2D
- Develop knowledge of freehand illustration and presentation techniques
- Develop knowledge of 3D modelling on the computer
- Develop knowledge of Desktop Publishing
- Other Skills
- Creativity, flexibility and adaptability
- Independence and Resilience
- Responsibility and Reliability
Pupils will be given homework at regular intervals. This homework will be related to the topic of work that they are undertaking at the time.
Topic Summary Information
Pupils will be given a Topic Summary Booklet.
This booklet will be filled in by the pupils at the end of every topic.