Religious and Moral Education
Staff: Mr D Allan (PT – also Philosophy and Psychology), Mrs M Kerr and Mrs F Cameron (p/time – also Psychology).
Religious and Moral Education is taught to all pupils in S1 to S4 for 80 minutes per week.
Learning through religious and moral education enables the pupils to:
- Recognise religion as an important expression of human experience
- Develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other world religions
- Recognise, appreciate and respect religious diversity and the importance of religion in society
- Explore values such as fairness, justice, compassion and integrity and develop and establish their own values in life
- Consider the responses religions offer to questions about the nature and meaning of life
- Develop the skills of reflection, discovery and critical thinking